Senior digital designer needed for enthusiastic, hard-working company with an unhealthy obsession for all things web.
We’re looking for a design Rockstar with bags of talent, enthusiasm and energy. Someone who understands all facets of digital (you know how it all hangs together). You must have a passion and drive for creating successful websites and apps for the real, commercial world that make a difference to your clients.
Gecko New Media has been doing its thing since 2003 (when people still called the web ‘new media’) and has a strong portfolio of clients. Our environment is fast-paced and diverse and we strive to put a spark of top-class creativity into everything we do.
We are looking for someone who is keen to roll up their sleeves and make a difference for our clients. Ideally you will have cut your teeth in a digital agency and have a portfolio of work that showcases your talents.
You should have a good understanding of user flows and conversion and how to create a beautiful interface that is focused on these goals. You should be a stickler for quality - nothing should leave the studio unless it meets the highest standards.
Working with talented designers and developers, this position is ideal if you’re looking to take the next step in your career.
Your main responsibilities will include
- Develop strong polished user interface designs (often from broad conceptual ideas) to support a brand's visual identity
- Creating all final production assets (including style guides) for sites (including responsive design), web apps, mobile apps, email marketing campaigns etc
- Collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts
- Usability reviews & testing
- Client meetings and project kick-off sessions
- Gathering requirements, specifications and user/persona stories
- Creating wireframes
- Site maps, user flows and content inventory
Who are you?
If you recognise yourself in the list of qualities below, we’d love to hear from you.
- 3+ years experience designing websites and web applications in a client services environment
- An overwhelming desire to create the best websites and apps around
- No fear of clients or being totally honest with them
- The ability to work collaboratively across disciplines (strategy, interaction design, code)
- An insatiable curiosity for all things design
- Can tell the story of a product or service with sharp copy and crisp imagery
- Can sketch out your ideas on paper before you dive into your prototyping tool of choice (Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML & CSS)
- Know which details matter and how to push back and say “no.”
- Communicate your designs with developers, managers and more importantly clients