In October, Gecko will be making a major change to our server provider, with Secura being engaged to manage our hosting services.
After some extensive research and many (virtual) meetings, we have enthusiastically partnered with Secura Cloud Hosting due to their advanced, highly secure and innovative cloud hosting solutions and their strong commitment to client support and approachable customer service.
Our Operations Director, Mhairi Bell said:
"Having provided managed hosting solutions for the past seventeen years and built specifically to underpin and keep critical services online, Secura’s virtual private cloud solution offered a service that will optimally support our customer websites and applications, providing a better level of resiliency and high availability."
Here is an overview of our new hosting provider along with some of the benefits for your business.
HIGH AVAILABILITY AS STANDARD
With high availability as standard, automatic failover of virtual machines, and no single points of failure across the platform, data centres or network infrastructure, Secura’s virtual private cloud provides a robust, highly available service with a 99.99% uptime Service Level Agreement.
RAPID, INCREMENTAL SCALE, GUARANTEED PERFORMANCE
The virtual private cloud platform can be scaled up and down at any time to meet the requirements of our clients' applications, services and business, providing incremental, granular control of resources. And with resource allocation guaranteed, zero RAM and storage I/O contention, your websites and applications will not be slowed down by other domains on the server.
Built on the latest generation technology, Secura’s virtual private cloud infrastructure is secure by design, delivered from multiple UK-based Tier 3+ data centres, which all adhere to rigorous industry standards and procedures to ensure the highest levels of security.
Secura and all of their data partners are ISO 27001 accredited, so you can be assured that your platform and data is handled in line with secure procedures and processes.
BENEFITS OF VIRTUAL PRIVATE CLOUD HOSTING
Here are just some of the benefits of moving to a virtual private cloud server.
- As an evergreen platform, all of the virtual private cloud components are continually refreshed to ensure that they are up to date and running on the latest generation technology. Upgrades are seamless and migrations will be a thing of the past.
- Secura’s virtual private cloud is built on the latest generation hardware from Dell, HPE, 3PAR and NetApp and uses enterprise-class VMware software.
- High availability as standard with automatic failover and no single points of failure in the cloud platform, data centres or network infrastructure.
- Secure by design cloud infrastructure housed across multiple Tier 3+ UK data centres. Secura and all data centre partners are ISO 27001 accredited.
- File security and anti-virus protection eliminate threats including viruses, Rootkits, worms and spyware.
- Gecko will have access to 24/7 support from Secura’s UK-based, ISO 20000 accredited service desk team. Dedicated account managers provide strategic, technical advice and guidance when needed.
- Secura holds ISO 90001, ISO 27001, ISO 27017 and ISO 20000 certifications, is a VMware Enterprise Level Service Provider, Microsoft Gold Partner and member of the G-Cloud 12 framework.
If you are a hosted customer and have any questions about how this will impact you please raise a ticket and our support team will be available to help.