Many marketers face a wide range of challenges on a day to day basis.
Some may find it hard to utilise digital technology, where others may find it hard to set and stick to priorities. Whatever the case may be, there’s always something marketers can do to improve, and this is where Gecko can help.
We’ve put together some of the main challenges marketers will face in 2019 and the corresponding solutions.
#1 Digital transformation
Technology has significantly taken over the traditional way to market products and services. Brands no longer rely on mail, print and even broadcast media to increase their sales and growth, but instead, rely on social media platforms to do it for them.
The same can also be said for consumers who vastly use technology over other means of media to engage and shop with their favourite brands. As a result, it’s essential brands shift towards a digital-first approach.
- Obtain a full online-offline view of your consumers.
- Continuously test new ways/models.
- Integration and automation.
#2 Attracting, engaging and maintaining consumers
Consumers are bombarded with messages 24/7 from brands but standing out requires marketers to reach consumers more effectively.
Brands and marketers need to remember that people do not only purchase products and services but they also buy experiences.
Every engagement a customer has with your brand is an opportunity for you to make a memorable experience and keep them coming back for more. You might ask yourself, how do I do that?
- Listen to your audience.
- Personalise your content tailored to your customers wants and needs.
Developing technologies such as augmented reality (AI) and virtual reality (VR) are two new ways that can help marketers create these valuable experiences to their consumers.
#3 Setting and sticking to priorities
Priorities are at the core of a successful business. With a calendar full of tasks, appointments and follow-ups, it can be hard to prioritise on what needs to be done first. What can marketers do?
- Create goals and break them into individual tasks.
- Complete tasks in order of importance - if you keep backtracking and rescheduling, you’re never going to get anything done.
- Time management tools will help you work better, e.g. Harvest.
- Remember you can say no.
#4 Knowing when to end a campaign
Unfortunately, not every marketing campaign is a winner. More often than not, most are failures which can be a big challenge for marketers.
Marketers need to be able to acknowledge defeat when they aren’t getting the numbers they want and move on.
Solution #4 - The signs to look out for when your campaign isn’t working & how to fix it;
- Data. Your numbers aren’t adding up; website traffic, social media analytics, mailing lists and links.
- Content strategy. Visuals, blogs, case studies, podcasts.
- Marketing strategy. Social media, digital design, linking.
- Visual content. Website users recall 65% of visual content in comparison to 10% of written content 3 days after it’s consumed.
- Budget. Investing money = more money.
Developing a well-thought-out and detailed content and marketing strategy will help turn those nasty numbers around, and show the results you want to appear.
What is the biggest challenge you have faced and how did you overcome it? Tweet us, @wearegecko!